Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 6 / Fusion Bluetooth microphone support?

Hi @hariprasad43231,

We'll suggest that. 

We will post here as soon as we receive a confirmation.

Regards,

-jay 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I was all prepared to purchase two Hero6 Black units but find that it is impossible to connect a Bluetooth microphone to these units.  Have a large investment in GoPro already and don't want to have to look at other manufacturer's solutions.  After reading this thread, it appears that the company has been aware of this issue for some time but has nothing to offer.  Is there a timetable available for when this feature will be available?

Highlighted
Sightseer

So another gopro launch with no bluetooth audio support?  Come on guys!  Even Garmin got this right!  

Highlighted
Tourist

I totally agree with all that has been said here. I'm really interested in buying a Hero 7 but if they haven't given us a way to plug in a USB mic (like the Saramonic one I currently use with my Hero 4, or even better a Bluetooth one...) then I won't be purchasing. I'm happy they've improved the built-in mic/audio but I'd still like the option to use my own. 

Highlighted
Tourist

It is not possible to connect a bluetooth-mic to the GoPro 7? I'm sure, that is a joke.

Highlighted
Tourist

That's what I seemed to read from this thread.... But I'd be happy to be proven wrong! 

Highlighted
Hiker

Bottom line seems to be that GoPro would rather risk camera sales than canibalize the sales of the (awful) audio adapter.  I gave up on them implementing this feature long ago.  It's ridiculously obvious why we all want it, and it could have been done al the way back in the Hero 5.

Bluetooth audio in and a sealed magnetic power input would make the GoPro 100X more usable out in the real world.  Audio and power in without breaching the weather sealing!  You're only ever going to see it in a Yi or Garmin though unfortunately.  GoPro quit listening to their users back about August of 2015.  Look at any stock price chart for the evidence...

Highlighted
Sightseer

Lost another sale here because of this unnecessary issue.