Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero 6 / Fusion Bluetooth microphone support?

Hi Jay, thanks for letting us know. I can't tell from your username but infer from your response you are an employee of GoPro? Can you tell us whether this is something that could be implemented in current hardware by way of a firmware/software update or would it be impossible?
Highlighted
Nomad

Sounds like this would be a great addition for the next model GoPro.  A lot of people seem to want to record their voice directly to the GoPro, in fact, having an audio mixer on the next model might be a good thing.  So you can adjust the volume recorded from the devices microphones vs a bluetooth input.

Currently I mount my GoPro on the wing of the plane and then just record cockpit audio with a $34 digital voice recorder.  It's a simple solution that works very well, it's quite cheap and can handle a variety of microphone inputs and setups.  I then I can mix the audio myself during post production.  However for people who don't want to take the step of mixing audio or spend $34 on a voice recorder a bluetooth input on the camera would be most welcome it seems.

It's something that would be needed on the next generation Fusion for sure as a microphone adaptor or external cable might get in the way of a 360 degree shot.  Thanks for ensuring all of this is being passed back to the development teams, cannot wait to see what they take onboard.  

Highlighted
Sightseer

It should be easy for the company to just add a feature to the existing GoPro App that allows the user to automatically record audio from a specified device (for example internal microphone of the cellphone or just a connected bluetooth headset) if the gopro starts recording and the smartphone is connected to it via bluetooth or wifi. This would be a legit solution for many of us.

Of course it would be even better if GoPro just allows us to connect any Bluetooth audio input device directly to our camera. That would eliminate the smartphone and also provides us a single space to store our video and audio footage.

Of course it would be even better if GoPro drops its licence check for devices that are connected via USB-C.

And now the funniest part: If GoPro wants to sell their massive and expensive bricks, then why it isn't available most of the time? (Germany).

Highlighted
Explorer

@foggystorm3201 

I assume you've done this in an app or device.  Perhaps you could provide GoPro with your source code.  Considering, "it should be easy", perhaps you can provide your simple answers "that allows the user to automatically record audio from a specified device (for example internal microphone of the cellphone or just a connected bluetooth headset)".  You can leave your info for the GoPro engineers by using this link.

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy