Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Gopro Hero 6 / Fusion Bluetooth microphone support?

If you read the instructions you can actually use the GoPro app to connect directly to Bluetooth, but it only supports certain headsets apparently. I found that out the hard way. So you have to connect both to your phone via Bluetooth, not Wi-Fi, and then use the app to connect the Bluetooth with the camera...it's an annoying path to take.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Yeah, and this is stupid. There is non reason whatsoever not to allow people to connect their bluetooth microphones to their GoPro. I cannot understand why they haven't allowed us to do this yet. It only takes some coding and a firmware update.

Watch out, GoPro. Other companies are starting to catch up and you will lose customers if you start having this kind of restrictive behavior.

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya

Any update on this?

There's a pretty long list of people who'd be happy to have working external microphone support.

Highlighted
GoPro

We have no new information at this time, @graycave63222 . We will keep you posted. Best regards!

Highlighted
Sightseer

This is a very important issue.
Gopro customers are consuming a lot of energy to solve audio problems.
We pay a lot of time and money and try to solve the problem.
Please do not regret that we have chosen Gopro products.
Customers are not that patient.
Gopro has opened a new world.
I hope so in the future.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hey can you explain this a little more? Do you connect the sena as a second phone? I'm trying to do it now no luck

Highlighted
Tourist

Has there been any progress on this matter yet? One invests into a camera that seems to be insulated against water etc, but when I want to use another microphone, and not the truly bad microphone inside, I only have two impossible options: lose the insulation by opening the necessary port and plugging in a cable that disables also my gimbal or opt for an insufficient audio quality that disallows me from making good videos. I urge you to work on Bluetooth mic compatibility. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

This is a seriously important and basic feature that needs to be added to the app or GoPro firmware. Will make the vlogs so easy.