Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro Hero 5 wont connect to computer, grip or karma

Hi all,

Had my go pro hero 5 for a couple of months along with the karma and grip, all was well and have used them all succesfully and downloaded the footage to my computer without any issues, however yesterday i put the go pro into the grip and the function buttons on the grip do not work (mode, record, highlight) you can still press the record button on the go pro itself but that is all. Got home and tried it in the karma and it connects according to the remote but when trying to swipe up it says connection issue please check your cameras connection, however i can still see everything on my go pro app on my iphone. I also plugged the lead into the computer and now it will not recognise the camera and a messgae pops up on my desktop saying usb malfuntion not recognised. 

I have tried formatting my sd card, ive tried a different sd card (both of which worked previously) ive taken the harness off and re attatched, ive resetted the go pro to factory defaults, checked the software is up to date and still no joy.

Anybody have any ideas? thanks in advance

Andy

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 5 wont connect to computer, grip or karma

Hi @andyd12,

Thanks for letting us know. 

Since it's still not working it would be best to contact our customer support team. 

The can help you with that. 

They are availa via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Backpacker

Hi @andyd12 so when you transfer data off the GoPro do you use the cable included with the camera? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi mate yes I use the original cable included
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @andyd12

In addition to the camera reset that you performed, see if manually updating the camera firmware will help (that is, if you have not done it yet). You can find instructions here. Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your reply. I did manual update this morning and now the screen on the back doesn’t show anything up, the little screen on the front still works but nothing on the back
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @andyd12,

Thanks for letting us know. 

Since it's still not working it would be best to contact our customer support team. 

The can help you with that. 

They are availa via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

-Jay