Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Gopro Hero 5 not recording properly in upside down mode

I have purchased 5 GoPro's and all of them worked properly when I changed the setting to record upside down. It apperas that the Hero 5 does this automatically. I checked your review section on this and several customers stated it doesnt work properly and your customer support feedback was you can edit in a software program. When questioned several times that seemed to be the default answer and people were still having an issue. On about June of this year it seems the feedback from GoPro stopped. I need to order another point of view camera but the lack of support has me concerned that GoPro is not solving the problem.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Gopro Hero 5 not recording properly in upside down mode

The Hero5 works correctly, people just have a hard time understanding how to adjust the settings. There is, Always Up, Upside Down, and Auto Rotate.

A couple things about this Support Hub. First, this is a community based support. This is not GoPro Support. To reach the GoPro Support Team you need to use this link. https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Second, it's easy to read through these forums and think that there is some universal issues with GoPro cameras. You need to keep in mind the millions of cameras sold and the relatively few post on this site. 99% of the people who frequent this site are doing so because they are having a perceived issue with their camera. Of those, the vast majority are user error and/or SD card issues. The issues that cannot be resolved by members are referred to the GoPro Support Team. Periodically we do get a Mod who provides some insight, but that is not the function or intent of this site.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Auto rotate:

turn on camera.  turn cam upsidedown  the video will record rightside up.  If you turn it upside down while recording it will not NOT auto rotate. so make sure you set it correctly up.

Highlighted
Explorer

The Hero5 works correctly, people just have a hard time understanding how to adjust the settings. There is, Always Up, Upside Down, and Auto Rotate.

A couple things about this Support Hub. First, this is a community based support. This is not GoPro Support. To reach the GoPro Support Team you need to use this link. https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Second, it's easy to read through these forums and think that there is some universal issues with GoPro cameras. You need to keep in mind the millions of cameras sold and the relatively few post on this site. 99% of the people who frequent this site are doing so because they are having a perceived issue with their camera. Of those, the vast majority are user error and/or SD card issues. The issues that cannot be resolved by members are referred to the GoPro Support Team. Periodically we do get a Mod who provides some insight, but that is not the function or intent of this site.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Daniel.
I couldn’t find anything on the GoPro site about the upside down mode and the posts I read stated it was an auto feature. I didn’t know there was still a manual up or down only. That resolves my concern. I need it in the upside down only. Thanks for the clarification.
Highlighted
Adventurer

People think you hit record and the camera does the rest?

like said

it's all prepping auto rotate allows you to set hte cam, and when you hit record it's locked.  not to hard to  mess up. do it a few times and becomes natural. Lol

FISH