12-19-2017 07:42 AM
I have a GoPro Hero 5 Black and it won't turn on during my holiday. I'm not getting any sign of life when i connect it to the charger. I have tried using the steps mentioned in help page that is by pressing the mode buttong for 8 to 10 seconds etc and it still won't turn on.
I have tried using the battery on my other GoPro hero 5 black and the battery is just fine so i know its not the battery issue.
I tried another suggestion which is to manually update the GoPro using the desktop Quik App but it wont detect my GoPro so now im stuck. Please suggest a solution. I can't tell if it is the hardware issue or software issue. Is there anyway of determining the actual culprit? Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-19-2017 08:38 AM
Give these steps a try to see if we can get that camera to power back on:
- Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. Remove, then reinsert the battery.
- Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
- If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, look for red LED illumination to indicate charging. NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera.
- If the red LED does not illuminate, try using a secondary USB Type-C cable and/or charging adapter.
- If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
- Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.
12-19-2017 06:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried the mentioned procedures but still my GoPro is not showing any indication that it is turning on. Is there any other steps that I can try. Thanks
12-19-2017 07:53 PM
I have the same issue . I bought my Hero 5 black from GoPro in amazon, and it arrived today . Is there any way i could get a new battery or refund with the guarantee and the receipt? afortunately i ordered a back up battery but.. those are still $20.00 !!
12-19-2017 08:17 PM
Hellow, i think i have the same problem . I bought my Hero 5 black from GoPro in amazon, and it arrived today so, when i used the battery that came with the package it didn't charge, but fortunately i ordered a back up battery and it does work . Is there any way i could get a new battery or refund ? i have my guarantee and the receipt. Those are still $20.00 i don't want to lose !! heeeeelp pleeaseeeeThose are still $20.00 i don't want to lose !!