Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Gopro Hero 5 black cannot connect to Galaxy S7

Have you taken this up with Samsung? 

I'm not syaing it a problem with your phone, but the connection works with most phones, both iOS and Android, but seems to be a problem with the S7.

My conection is quick beteween the S4 and Gopro, no problem. I do have a a problem with keeping a connection between a Sena motorcycle intercom and my phone. The updatete firmaware on the S4 is the culprit.  

Tourist

[ Edited ]

My friend those are the test i've run so far 

manufacturermodelandroidstatusbluetooth check 
samsungg930f7.0not workingyes
samsungg920f6.01not workingyes
samsunggt-i95055.01working no
asusasus_z00ad5.0working no
samsung sm-j510FN6.01working yes 
huawei vns l216.0not workingyes 

believe me i will keep looking, but no manufacturer is going to change sth on their OS for an app it works the other way around 

PS. My phone is g935f

Explorer

It's not the OS is the processor. Capture connects fine with my American model Samsung S7
Tourist

I could accept that if i hadn't had proper usage of the app every time I uninstalled and reinstall it...if CPU architecture was the problem it would crash from the beggining
Tourist

It is really dissapointing after trying everything gopro asked me to seeing my case closed without having an answer  and without notification .

Our last mails were:

"Hi Michail, 

Thank you for trying. I appreciate it. You don't need to feel sorry about the trouble. Our team is currently working on it, we learn new things based on what the customer experience with the product. Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. I'll get back to you once we have a resolution for this concern. 

Please let me know if you have questions."

Kind Regards, 

AND :

"Hi Mike, 

Sure, I'll let you know if we need additional information from you. Thank you for your cooperation and take care. 

Many Thanks,"

Those 2 were back in the 28th of april

I've been working as a tech support agent for many years unfortunately and this is not a professional attitude.

Tourist

Hi Guys and Go pro staff.
After i bought gopro im having absoluteley sam peoblem. It drives my crazy. Thing worth 500euros does not work proper way. Please do some fix for that.
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys and Go pro staff.
After i bought gopro im having absolutely same problem. It drives me crazy. Thing worth 500euros does not work proper way. Please do some fix for that. And also why it is not possible on mobile version to edit your previous post on this forum?

Tourist

[ Edited ]

The Hero 5 is my first GoPro, and this problem (along with the fact that the GoPro team completely IGNORES the issue) is a very bad "first impression" for me.

This is a god **bleep** GALAXY S7 we're talking about, probably the most popular and mainstreamed smartphone out there.

You can NOT just ignore the fact that your top-of-the-line product does not work as advertised with it.

I will not get another GoPro products in the future.