Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero 5 black cannot connect to Galaxy S7

I have the same problem.

I was able to connect once after I turned off the BT but it was just a one time success, not even when the BT is off it does not connect.

Actually it does connect - I have a "successfully connected" message - and then IMMEDIATELY see the "Add camera" window again.

WTF is going on gopro??

Tourist

update: I was able to connect after forgetting my home wifi on my phone.

Explorer

@boldstoke34205

Are you using the US version of the Galaxy S7 or the European model?  They each use a different processor. There was talk early on that the European model was giving some users issues.  I'm in California and use the Galaxy S7.  For me, it connects right away.  Can you detail the steps you are taking?

Tourist

I'm using the European model (Exynos)

Explorer

Bluetooth should be on to make the initial handshake between the devices.  Sometimes the phone will persistently try to connect to a wireless connection that has Internet connectivity.  I noticed with the latest Android update my phone is now giving me the "No Internet Connection" and tried to switch to my home wi-fi.  I had to manually go to the settings and then choose the GoPro wi-fi.  The message popped up informing me that there was no Internet connection and if I still wanted to stay connected.  It bounced over to the home wi-fi a couple of times while I was using the Capture app.  This seems similar to what iPhone users are reporting.  It's not the app, its the operating systems.  I never noticed it before because I usually only use the Capture app when I am away from home and not near an Internet connection.

Explorer

@omriamos

I'm sorry.  I don't know what the solution is in your case and the users that were reporting problems with the same phone never came back to say if they found a fix or how.

Tourist

Try setting your location to just gps (no wifi or mobile networks) it works for me most of the times....

Tourist

Thats the official responce of gopro....

"Thank you for the reply and update. I really appreciate it. Based on the test we've tried there is no issue with the camera and Capture. It's more on compatibility with an android device. If there anything else I can do to help. Please feel free to contact us again. 

Thank you and have a wonderful day!"

Really dissapointed.......