Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Gopro Hero 5 black cannot connect to Galaxy S7

Did that aswel. The first time i tried actually my phone was brand new, the GoPro was the second thing that i was attaching to it, the first one was a memory card :)

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello,

Are all of your devices fully updated to their current versions? The HERO5 had a firmware update after the camera was released. You can find the latest firmware here:

https://gopro.com/update/hero5

Do you have location services enabled? The Android 6 Marshmallow operating system requires location services to be enabled on your phone/device in order for the GoPro App to successfully scan for cameras.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/GoPro-App-Android-6-Connection-Issues

I hope this is helpful. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

The bluetooth idea worked thanks hopefully they are going to come out with something to fix that issue with android because it's kind of annoying to do that but at least I don't have to use my girlfriend phone just for that, thanks
Highlighted
Explorer

Strange. I have a Galaxy S7 and have no issues connecting. My Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are on and I can connect and switch between all of my GoPro cameras including Hero5 session and Hero5 Black.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello,

Yes my camera is fully updated (last firmware downloaded from GoPro). Location services are enabled aswel.

I think the issue is regional. A friend of mine got back from USA few days ago and he bought an S7 from there. After testing the GoPro with his S7 there is no issue. Is there someting different about the european S7-s?

Highlighted
Explorer

I found this:

"the US version of the S7 uses a (supposedly overclocked?) Snapdragon 820, which looks like it is only quad core (2 x dual core), and the international version of the S7 uses an Exynos 8890"

Highlighted
Sightseer

BIIIG THX! Finally if works after 2 hours of madness :)

Highlighted
Anonymous

How ?

Dont work here :/