Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Gopro Hero 5 black cannot connect to Galaxy S7

Bummer,

I don't really have any other suggestions since I didn't run into any issues pairing to my cameras. I don't have the edge though, just Galaxy S7 but that really shouldn't make a difference.  If you haven't already, unpair your camera and delete/forget the wi-fi and if it shows up, bluetooth. Start the whole process over by choosing the option to pair without having paired before and start the whole process over.

Good luck, I can imagine how frustrating this must be.

Regards,

Daniel

Highlighted
Anonymous

I also could not connect to my new Hero 5 Black with my Samsung S7 Edge. Spent an hour with tech support, no help. While on hold I stumbled on this thread and after turning off bluetooth, it paired. Just like others, it tries to get you to turn on bluetooth. When you don't, you need to enter the password from the camera.

Thanks to all.

Highlighted
Anonymous

the same issue with my galaxy S7 edge this is so frustrating

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem with my s7 edge. Just got the camera and it wouldn't connect. It was simple to fix though. Like said above, turn your bluetooth off, follow the app directions and connect new hero 5 black. It will tell you its better to have bluetooth on but continue with it off. The app then told me my password was wrong so i entered the password shown on my go pro screen...and then it connected! 

Hope this helps guys. Too bad it had to be this hard but it works now!

Awesome camera though, you will forget you had this problem!!!!!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Still it does not work as intended and it is frustrating. So far no fix for the issue. The camera is awesome, no question about that. The workaround with the bluetooth is not a fix, it is just someting to patch things up.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Check your phones automatic switching between 5 and 2.4 wifi. (Smart network switch) and tur it off
 I think I ran into the problem while pairing my 5 to a Galaxy S4. I can't quite remember, but something to look at. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I did that long time ago. Doesn't fix things sadly.

Highlighted
Hiker

I would clear eveything out and re-install the app. Start fresh. Sorry if you have tried this. Must be frustrating.