Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Gopro Hero 5 black cannot connect to Galaxy S7

Hello,

when i try to connect Capture app with my new gopro nothing is happening. When i scan WiFi networks after i click New Connection -> Capture app and my gopro starts acting as a hotspot my galaxy S7 does not see the WiFi connection. My S5 does see it, but my S7 does not.

Anonymous

Re: Gopro Hero 5 black cannot connect to Galaxy S7

[ Edited ]

Try these two things on your phone settings

1. Disable Personal Hotspot

2. Disable Ask to Join Networks

When you have both disabled try connecting the GoPro again, ensuring you input the appriopriate Network Name and password provided by the Capture app. If it does not work try resetting networks on the camera, then forget network on your phone. The try again, the phone should pair.

Anonymous

1. Is disabled

2. There is no option to disable that on most of the european versions of S7 sadly

I did connect to the camera, but it was not easy. First i disabled bluetooth, with bluetooth enabled i could not establish connection. Then i entered manually the SSID and password of the gopro directly to the phone. When i scanned for networks, the ssid was not visible. After that the connection was established and everything worked. After that i tried to enable bluetooth, and the connection broke. After a restart of any of the devices the procedure had to repeat every time. Very annoying.

With my S5 everything works flawlessly, so obviously it is an issue with the S7, but is still annoying.

Anonymous

I have the exact same problem. I'm using the s7 edge. I even tried factory resetting my phone and then installing the app and it still wouldn't work. It works on all other phones though. Hope there's a solution to this soon.

Hiker

No issue with my S7 Edge...

Anonymous

I have the same phone, USA version, I cannot connect to the capture app but it works on my old LGG3.

Explorer

Works on my S7 and LG v10.  Try re-running the update.  Best to chose the manual update option on the bottom of the update page.

Be sure to select the right camera from the upper right drop down list before selecting, "Update your camera Manually".  And, of course, be sure you are using a recommended SD card.  I recommend Samsung Pro/Pro+ or Lexar 1000x/633x. I've had issues with SanDisk so generally stay away from them.

Anonymous

I did the manual update. The sd card imo is not a factor in this case, but still it is Samsung Pro. A friend of mine with Galaxy S7 edge has the same problem. So far only my S7 and the S7 edge of my friend have issues with my Gopro Hero 5 Black. Every other phone works perfect, but i didn't try it with more S7s. Only those two. It is a case of incompatibility of some sort but i cannot understand what exactly.