Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro Hero 5 Front Glass mists over

My Gopro's Front Element is getting mist on the inside when it is used in and out of water in warm conditions. It has had enough time to adapt to the outside temperature and also the difference in water and outside temperature is not big.

Many Gopros were used by other people and no other Gopro had this issue (Aquaventure Waterpark, Dubai).

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 5 Front Glass mists over

Hi @rafale52

You can remove the Protective Lens Cover then wipe it with a clean cloth.

For reference, you may also check Lens Fogging

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Removing it and wiping it off every 20min is not feasible for me.

As already written, other Gopros (5, 6, 7) didn't had this problem.

Is there any support email adress from Gopro? I cannot find any?!

Thanks,

Daniel

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @rafale52. The lens should not fog as frequently as you described. Is the gasket/O-ring loose? Is the protective lens seated correctly? 

If not, the lens need to be replaced. Our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help. You may reach them by phone or chat. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I have not removed the front cover since I recieved my Gopro Hero 5 from you.

So neither the gasket nor the O-ring is loose.

Highlighted
Explorer

If you have not removed it, then the suggestion to remove it still stands. "remove the Protective Lens Cover then wipe it with a clean cloth.

For reference, you may also check Lens Fogging ( https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Lens-Fogging/ta-p/392963 )"

You need to remove it and allow for it to dry/acclimate. It doesn't really matter if this was the case with your previous GoPro cameras as the ambient temperature and humidity levels could have been much different when your HERO5 was assembled.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Don't touch it. do take a towel, and do wrap the camera. want my next step. DEHUDIFIY IT!  how. you're smart. figure it out.

Highlighted
Tourist

Only the front protection glass is misting over in the mentioned conditions. I will contact the gopro support via chat as no one can help me here.