Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro Hero 5 Black “Waterproof”/Warranty

Hello,

I won a GoPro Hero 5 Black from work (Extremely Excited) but a little bumbed when I have seen tons of people over the last year have so many problems with water still getting into the housing when they say “they used it as directed”. Now I’m sure some did and some didn’t. But overall it makes me more worry about submerging it.

So with that said do you think it would be in my best interest to invest in the dive case for when I plan on taking it to the pool and of course to beaches and etc. I’m not too worried about rain or even snow (ski trip in 2018 planned). But I just don’t know. That also comes to my next concern is because I won this camer (brand new never opened) from a large company I don’t and won’t get the proof of purchase. Does that mean my chance of getting warranty or even GoPro Care is out the window? I would consider getting the Care Plan if I can if that means I don’t need the housing. But also if it would fully cover water damage of that did happen at a small deductible. Please give me your input. I was just about to buy the new go pro next month but I will take last years for free and who knows maybe get it anyway down the road. Thanks I’m happy to be apart of the GoPro family!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 5 Black “Waterproof”/Warranty

Hi @respondek94,

Awesome to hear that you won a new GoPro! If you have had a chance to use it I hope you are enjoying it!

I personally have not had any issues with my HERO5's in water, but I do have a SuperSuit that I will use occasionally for peace of mind.

In regards to warranty I would recommend trying to get some sort of proof that you won the camera. Then you can reach out to our Support Team directly and they should be able to work with you on getting Care!

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 5 Black “Waterproof”/Warranty

Hi @respondek94,

Awesome to hear that you won a new GoPro! If you have had a chance to use it I hope you are enjoying it!

I personally have not had any issues with my HERO5's in water, but I do have a SuperSuit that I will use occasionally for peace of mind.

In regards to warranty I would recommend trying to get some sort of proof that you won the camera. Then you can reach out to our Support Team directly and they should be able to work with you on getting Care!

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Ryan