Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro Hero 4 Silver wont read any sd cards

My gopro wont read any sd cards. Do you guys have anything i can do to fix that??

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro Hero 4 Silver wont read any sd cards

@tye17616, this could mean that your camera can't properly communicate with the SD card. There are troubleshooting steps HERE that will help resolve the issue. Let us know how it works for you.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Thankyou! I will check it out! This hasnt worked for me i have tried multiple sd cards and nothing will read thanks for the help though.

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

The only simple reason for your issue is that the camera of your system is not able to communicate with SD card properly..U need to contact officials to solve your issue...Regards

Highlighted
Adventurer

Have you  tried a fully formatted card, are the contacts on your card or cards worn out.  do you think the  camera's contacts are   oxiadized and need cleaning?  those are some  maintenance options that  can be looked at. cleaners. sprays and  filter papers can do the trick if you know  how to clean.

Highlighted
Tourist

No i bought i brnad new card formatted and everything no cards work. Thankyou

Highlighted
Explorer

Remove the SD and battery from the camera. Press down on the top shutter button. While keeping the shutter pressed, insert only the battery. Continue holding down the top shutter and power on the camera. Once the camera is powered on, Press the Mode (front) button until you see the Setup Gear icon. Press the Shutter (top) button to select it. Press the Mode (front) button until Reset Cam is highlighted. Press the Shutter (top) button to select it. Press the Mode (front) button to highlight Reset. Press the Shutter (top) button to select it. After the camera powers on, wait a few seconds and then power off. Insert the SD card and power on.

If it still doesn't recognize the SD, try the above steps with a different card. If that doesn't work, contact the seller to get an exchange.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thankyou, i will try that once i get home!