Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Gopro Hero 4 Silver turning off while making a time lapse

[ New ]

Hello.

The Hero4 was working well until a few months ago. When I am making a time lapse only takes pictures for a few minutes (less than 10) and then just turn off by it self. even when the battery is only missing one line on the camera screen.

I have a SanDisk card  Class (U1)  32GB
The battery is 4 years old.

Can you please tell me what can I do?

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Gopro Hero 4 Silver turning off while making a time lapse

[ New ]

This seems to be an issue with older GP Hero 4 camera's.  Sometimes it's memory card related, I knew someone who had the exact same issue and cleaned the contacts of the SD card reader on the GoPro and it resolved the issue (however he had to take the camera apart completely in order to do so that that's not recommended at all).

Have you tried reflashing the firmware to see if that will help solve the issue?

https://gopro.com/update

I have the same issue with my GoPro Hero 4 black.  It will film just fine, but it will refuse to do a timelapse.  It will take about 10 photo's and then just shut down.  Then again, these camera's are about 4 years old now, so some issues are to be expected.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

Re: Gopro Hero 4 Silver turning off while making a time lapse

[ New ]

This seems to be an issue with older GP Hero 4 camera's.  Sometimes it's memory card related, I knew someone who had the exact same issue and cleaned the contacts of the SD card reader on the GoPro and it resolved the issue (however he had to take the camera apart completely in order to do so that that's not recommended at all).

Have you tried reflashing the firmware to see if that will help solve the issue?

https://gopro.com/update

I have the same issue with my GoPro Hero 4 black.  It will film just fine, but it will refuse to do a timelapse.  It will take about 10 photo's and then just shut down.  Then again, these camera's are about 4 years old now, so some issues are to be expected.