01-14-2019 04:19 PM
For the HERO3+, after unzipping, have the UPDATE folder(containing the update files) saved on the root of the SD card.
01-15-2019 12:52 AM
There is no possible way at this present time to get an sd card to work in the gopro.
1. I can turn the go pro on WITHOUT the SD card in it and cycle through the settings and have and works as normal.
2. As soon as i put the SD card in it. It performs reboot loop until i take the battery out and then the sd card and then will turn on again as normal again with out the sd card.
3. I have used multiple sd cards to try and fix this problems. Followed your instructions very closely as it got my other gopro to work this morning.
4. The sd card that has proven to work with this mornings problem that you commented on will not get it to update.
5. I can't find any issue regarding what has been happening to me. All the SD problems i have searched are the "SD ERROR" That pops on the lcd screen.
I appreciate your time and trying to help me work through this problem
01-15-2019 01:04 AM
Remove the battery and SD card
Hold down the top shutter button
Insert only the battery
Keep holding down the top shutter and power on
after powering on, release the shutter and power off
(this step was to reset the camera)
Download the manual update for the HERO3+ (make sure you are on 3+ and not 3)
Extract the UPDATE folder
Using a USB/SD adapter, inset your SD card into your computer
Perform a FULL (not Quick) format of the SD card
Once completed (it should take awhile), copy the UPDATE folder (complete folder, NOT just the files like with the HERO3)
Eject the card and insert into the camera
Power on using the front Mode/Power button
If this doesn't work, you really only have a few options left.
1) Use the camera to trade up to a better GoPro https://shop.gopro.com/tradeup
2) Freeze it and repeat the above instructions (see below for freezing, and yes I'm serious)
3) Attempt to repair yourself https://www.ifixit.com/Device/GoPro_Hero_3Plus_Silver_Edition
Remove SD card and Battery
Put the media door and battery door on camera
Wrap the camera with a paper towel
Place inside a Sealed Bag
Put in the freezer for a couple hours
Remove and let sit for about 15 min
Remove camera and wipe down
Follow steps above starting with resetting the camera.
01-22-2019 07:46 PM
1) Resetting the camera worked in bringing it back to default settings but didn't fix the problem.
2) Formatting and manual update did not work as well...... I did the full format which took about 45 minutes. I've tried the manual update SEVERAL times and i just can't get it to work
3) FREEZE i followed the instructions but before i did i had to do some googling to make sure other people were doing it.( I did doubt you at first lol ) But it didn't work :(.
4) I won't be able to trade up the gopro as i bought it from ebay super cheap thinking that i would be able to fix it and that deal is only available in USA not Australia.
5) Fixing it my self with parts would make it more expensive than buying another second hand one and also I wouldn't be tech savy enough to do it lol.
I thank you all for your help and speedy responses and time to help me try and fix it. I do apologise for the late reply as i have twin 5 month old girls and are teething so virutally have no time to get close to the computer or do things for my self lol.
If I somehow magically fix it I will post the solution to how I did it
01-22-2019 10:18 PM
Congrats on the girls! Don't worry, in about two years you'll lbe able to get some sleep
Bummer that you can't get the camera working.
All my best to you and the family!