Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Gopro Fusion out of focus

GoPro Fusio out of focusA lens is out of focus during filming, there is no damage on the lens itself. It is the lens on the back so not the one on the side of the display.

I always transport the gorpo in the supplied cover. Is their something i can do, not physical damage, you can see it in the picture.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Gopro Fusion out of focus

Does this happen in the app and with GoPro Studio?  Can you post two photo's, one from the front lens and one from the back?  It's very hard to see the issue with the photo you've posted as it's dark.  

Highlighted
Nomad

Both app and GoPro Fusion studio, i can't show pictures because it is a part of a movie.

Highlighted
Nomad

Then can you upload the movie to youtube and post a link?  What I'm seeing in the photo looks like you've shot near water and one of the lenses of the camera has either water on it, or has been smudged.  

Can you get the camera right now and take a photo outside enuring both lenses are cleaned?

Highlighted
Nomad

Throughout the video the footage will be out of focus many times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxFETHKvIyc&t=160s

First atempt to make a video using the GoPro Fusion edited with Final Cut Pro X, shot it at the Sigmund Thun Klamm during my holiday in Austria.A beautiful-l...
Highlighted
Nomad

Finally some footage!  Ok, so it's easy to see what's causing this.

1:  You're too close to some objects, so in some cases you pass by a wooden beam that's within 10 inches of the camera lens and this causes stitching issues.  Anything within 10 inches of the camera will cause stitching issues, so the further you are away from things the better.

2:  You're filming in a wet environment and lots of times it's visible that water is getting on the lens of your camera, this will also cause distortions and stitching issues.  So waterfalls, sea scapes, anything with water around runs the risk of moisture on the lens.

3:  Along with all of the above you're filming in low light conditions.  This is going to reduce the shutter speed of the camera and combine that with the EIS and you get blurred shots when the camera moves.

So film in dry conditions.

Keep the lenses at least 10 inches away from objects

Either film in bright light or if you can't, film with the camera on a tripod because in low light, movement = blur.

Highlighted
Nomad

Ok, so it's easy to see what's causing this.

If it was that simple is would know Smiley Wink

1:  You're too close to some objects, so in some cases you pass by a wooden beam that's within 10 inches of the camera lens and this causes stitching issues.  Anything within 10 inches of the camera will cause stitching issues, so the further you are away from things the better.

The footage is editted i will upload another video with nothing within 25 cm.

2:  You're filming in a wet environment and lots of times it's visible that water is getting on the lens of your camera, this will also cause distortions and stitching issues.  So waterfalls, sea scapes, anything with water around runs the risk of moisture on the lens.

Doesn't matter other video's are showing it as well.

3:  Along with all of the above you're filming in low light conditions.  This is going to reduce the shutter speed of the camera and combine that with the EIS and you get blurred shots when the camera moves.

Yopu are right but other footage are showing the same

So film in dry conditions.

As i said before

Keep the lenses at least 10 inches away from objects

Never heard about this rule, but oke.

Either film in bright light or if you can't, film with the camera on a tripod because in low light, movement = blur.

Sam again.

https://youtu.be/N-15JpGgcxI

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Nomad

The footage is editted i will upload another video with nothing within 25 cm.

Except the footage you uploaded looks like it was taken directly after coming out of the cave system were you had water dripping all over your GoPro Fusion.  So guess what?  The water on the lens would still be within 25 cm.

Doesn't matter other video's are showing it as well.

Well that's not exactly true, you've posted footage taken from your GoPro Fusion on your Youtube page and your test footage didn't show these distortions at all.

Yopu are right but other footage are showing the same So film in dry conditions.

Not true, the test footage you first shot with your GoPro didn't, the other clip you were clearly too close to objects and your lenses were covered with water from the waterfall.  The footage you posted today looks like it was taken shortly afterwards so you still have water on the lens or dirty water dried on the lens which is causing visual distortions.

Never heard about this rule, but oke.

Really?  It's common knowledge about stitching issues being caused by objects too close to the camera (within a 10 inch sphere).