Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro Fusion Youtube upload

I'm surprised noone said anything about the bad compression done to the 360 footages.anyone had any luck or as near quality as Gopro's demo videos? mine is the link below,mine was very pixelated and compressed especially when it comes to low light area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxa2tTU3OY0

help help help....

This is BikeLog #7! This time we are riding the snake & ladder. This trail can be considered as the highway in Bukit Kiara. It can be considered as the main ...

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gopro Fusion Youtube upload

Hello @zeozadan

Thank you for the feedback. How did you render your video? If it was through Fusion Studio, which setting did you use as render output resolution? 

See if this article on uploading 360-degree videos in YouTube will help. To highlight, 

"For the best results, encode your video at a high resolution and according to YouTube's advanced specifications. YouTube currently supports 360° videos with 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, or 60 frames per second. We recommend uploading  360 videos (equirectangular format with a 2:1 aspect ratio) at a resolution of 7168x3584 or higher, up to 8192x4096."

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @zeozadan

Thank you for the feedback. How did you render your video? If it was through Fusion Studio, which setting did you use as render output resolution? 

See if this article on uploading 360-degree videos in YouTube will help. To highlight, 

"For the best results, encode your video at a high resolution and according to YouTube's advanced specifications. YouTube currently supports 360° videos with 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, or 60 frames per second. We recommend uploading  360 videos (equirectangular format with a 2:1 aspect ratio) at a resolution of 7168x3584 or higher, up to 8192x4096."

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Hi there, thanks for your feedback.

I rendered out through fusion in editing mode,4k.

Edited using Davinci Resolve 15 and exported in MP4,H264. Resolution 3840 x 2160.50fps

bitrate was set to 100,000 due to bad compression before that.i tried 50,000 and 30,000.alot of pixelation.

GoPro

Hello @zeozadan

Is there a way for the output resolution from DaVinci Resolve to be higher than the one you used? As per YouTube specifications, "we recommend uploading  360 videos (equirectangular format with a 2:1 aspect ratio) at a resolution of 7168x3584 or higher, up to 8192x4096." This might help. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

I'm currently on the free version of da vinci resolve so the max export is only 3840x2160.i gotta try on premiere then.

GoPro

Please do, @zeozadan.  We would love to hear back from you if the issue is resolved. Best regards!