Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro File date and Time rename

Hello,
I'am a newby with my Gopro Session 5.
I've used Quick software and dowload files to Win 10 PC.
Now, all the files are stored in dated directory, but files date and time are the transfert one and not the original when video where taken.

I would like to rename the gopro files with their original date and time in order to be able to mix gopro files and taken picture in a chronological order.

Is it a way (or a software) to do it automatically.

I've remarked that if transfert is done directly through windows explorer, date and time are maintained, but, I haven't original files on my gopro.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro File date and Time rename

Hello @pabsite

There is a way to adjust or edit the date, but only one at a time and not automatically. It could be tasking especially if you have a huge number of files or media, but you can right-click on a file (photo or video), select Get Info, click on the pencil mark in the Created Date section and adjust date accordingly. This organizes the media within Quik for desktop only though. Another option to rename media files accordingly by going to other actual import location (folder) for Quik. You can follow this path to locate your files: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Pictures\GoPro - Windows

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @pabsite

There is a way to adjust or edit the date, but only one at a time and not automatically. It could be tasking especially if you have a huge number of files or media, but you can right-click on a file (photo or video), select Get Info, click on the pencil mark in the Created Date section and adjust date accordingly. This organizes the media within Quik for desktop only though. Another option to rename media files accordingly by going to other actual import location (folder) for Quik. You can follow this path to locate your files: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Pictures\GoPro - Windows

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, I've already seen this function on Quick, but this allows only to change date and not time. Time is important for me to mix gopro sequences and taken pictures in chronological order

Highlighted
GoPro

There maybe ways to change the time, too, but no specific method that we can recommend, @pabsite. We can only change the date according to earlier suggestions.