Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Gopro App for hero 8 and android 8.1.0

Already tried that still saying app not installed well it looks like I can't use my phone just use the Gopro Hero 8 screen to do stuff.

Highlighted
Hiker

Finally got my Gopro Hero 8 Black updated had to use one of my kids Ipads to download the app then update, but no joy on my phone.

Got the 6.1 update installed on my phone but it just crashes but I've got the firmware updated am happy enough with that.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello, @ericr4663. Our team is looking into this issue at this time. We'd like to gather more info to help us isolate the issue. May we know from which location you are trying to download the GoPro App? Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Tried on Google play but says Your device is not compatible with this version I have a moto e5 play phone with android updated to 8.1.0. 

The older versions show just the Gopro 7 but I have the Gopro 8 tried older APKs from websites but they were not showing the Gopro 8.

Then tried Gopro app version 6.1 apk as it had Gopro 8 on it but it just crashed all the time on my phone.

Not all of us can spend on expensive phones and I don't rely on my phone as others do.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the details you provided, @ericr4663. Which country are you in, or the location you are downloading the app from? Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Many thanks for responding to me mariustanya am in Northern Ireland part of the UK.  Yet again tried an older version APK think it was 5.2.1 not showing Gopro hero 8 but said found my Gopro but then crashed when trying to connect..

Highlighted
Hiker

Success I hope, downloaded version of Gopro App 6.4.1 found my Gopro updated and its running on my phone.

Only tried it twice hopefully it keeps running ok but at last am done.

Highlighted
GoPro

Great to know that, @ericr4663. Thank you for the update. Enjoy using your camera!