Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro 9 schaltet bei 20% Akku ab

[ New ]

Hallo, meine Gopro schaltet sich trotz ca 20% Restakku immer wieder ab bis diese garnichtmehr mit dem Akku angeht. Der klassische Akku ziehen und wieder reischieben Trick hilft nicht. Kann es sein, dass die Akkuanzeige nicht stimmt oder der Akku einen schaden hat?

GoPro

Re: Gopro 9 schaltet bei 20% Akku ab

[ New ]

Hello, @greenstorm3610. Is the camera used in extreme temperature conditions? Does the camera give you a warning message or notification before shutting down? There is information at Camera Performance in Extreme Temperatures that might help explain what is happening. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya, is it an extreme Temperature at around 5 degree Celcius? I don't know if there was a warning because it was mountet to my helmet while filming. I just heared it beeping shutting down.

GoPro

[ New ]

While we do not have standard ratings for low or high temperature to be considered extreme, it would help to consider tips to improve camera performance. Below are some suggestions: 

• Use a fresh (new) fully charged battery; older batteries lose capacity over time and cycling.
  • Charge battery shortly before using it; batteries slowly lose charge after charging.
  • Use only genuine GoPro batteries; 3rd party batteries have much lower capacity at high discharge rates.
  • Keep the battery and, ideally, the whole camera warm (in pocket) until used; the camera acts as an insulator to the outside cold and as it heats up, it will heat up the battery.
  • Turn on the camera (in your pocket) before you need to use it, within reason.
  • Have/use multiple fully charged (warm) batteries; partially charged batteries perform worse in cold.
  • Record at the lowest resolution and frame rates; lowering the power demand reduces the initial voltage dip and makes the usable capacity go further.
Tourist

[ New ]
The Battery is New and it is an original Gopro, it was used 3 Times now. Fully charge directly before use.
After the Camera went off and I turn it on again there stand the capacity of 24% still! Bur when I Start recording it shuts off again. That couldn't be normal!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @greenstorm3610

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej