Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Gopro 9 problems

the issue that im noticing is that the hero 8 was overall better which is a real bummer. I hope they can adjust some settings and resolve it. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Spent 2 hours trying to connect the Hero9 to my phone / tablet / computer, walked the whole troubleshooting with the support. Nothing solved the problem. Bluetooth connects and fails for wifi, cannot update the firmware. On the laptop, usb connection sees the device but Quik doesn't register the existing firmware version and the update gets stuck at 0%. Every step was tried 2-3 times multiple on / offs. Pure waste of time, stay away if you value you time.

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

@agiledus77567 that is no excuse - the question that arises: why do I have not these problems with firmware 1.21, but you do ?!

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]
I tried again and i noticed with any settings i still have problems. I noticed that the boost option has problems even if you shake the camera with your hand in low light. It is like deforming and wobbling the video.

At this stage i reckon is a software issue but i may return the gopro within the 30 days.

It’s a shame as the overall image quality is amazing. I will keep my hero 7...
Highlighted
Hiker

Yes it seems as well to me that the Boost mode has some issue...

Highlighted
Hiker

Why isn't there information on your official website about the compatibility of gopro 9 with your application? Why does support link to a page that doesn't have a word about hero9? Funny!!!
CA6C62C2-0E2D-4BB8-ABD1-31F18BDEE2CE.png
Highlighted
Hiker

you do. the issues arrise in certain situations that you might not have a tried or seen yet. the issue  think most of us are noticing is that this camera is performing worse than the hero 8 did. 

Highlighted
Backpacker

....hero8 after some updates you mean, in the latest 2.0 software....

my feeling during the time hero(X+1) was worst then heroX when released...

the first X was 5 for me...

this curve features added, problem solved in new upgrades, and finally reaching the stability was the same.

I know, myself I want a perfect camera from the beginning. but somehow is not possible.

although at this moment I'm not happy with the lack of GPS sensitivity, I keep saying myself that the sensor makes the difference over hero8 and in time will be solved.

just me,

robert