Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro 9 problems

I HAVE IT!!!!!!

Friends, I'm happy!!!!

I've finally found the settings I'm 100% satisfied with! 2.7 K 60 frames -ISO 100-800 - shutter 1/240 Hypersmooth on - and my video is buttery smooth and no jerks and a nice sharp video!

i tryed this settings in the forrest and its work well!

the same settings work well with 4k but I got the best results with 2.7 k. YIP YIP :) :) :) :)

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the followup,  sharpsurf5736.   The UPS guy is dropping mine off this afteroon, and I'll be doing a lot of test shoting this weekend.  Bookmarking your settings!

Highlighted
Tourist

I had the same sabilization issues and provided a video.  Support phone call was a disaster as well.  I'm hoping it is a firmware issue or something.  

Highlighted
Nomad

@ sharpsurf5736 I'm very happy that you found a solution for yourself! So, as you can see, the camera isn't bad, you just have to find the right settings ...

Highlighted
Hiker

thats not really an excuse. the camera has some serious issues that need to addressed. 

Highlighted
Nomad

Exactly, no mode you produce this quality. Especially 4K @ 24fps in bright daylight.  The camera has some major issues, I'm assuming none of the videos we've seen online from reviewers prior to launch we're using the current firmware. Since it was released on the 16th, so I'm assuming they didn't have these issues or they would have come up in their reviews. So this has to be a firmware issue.C046329A-E507-4C2D-A0DF-9321D7D545E3.jpeg

Highlighted
Tourist

I tested these settings, very bad. My video was not usable at all...

Highlighted
Nomad

I really think the issue revolves around Hypersmooth High + Linear/Horzon Leveling at lower Framerates. Like 24-30, I just shot some at 2k 4:3 @ 60fps with Hypersmooth “On” and the video looks pretty good even when cropping in to make it 16:9.