Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Gopro 9 or Iphone 12 for snorkeling?

[ New ]

Hi.

Do you think it would be better to have an iPhone 12 for diving than a GoPro 9? You can buy good waterproof packaging on your iPhone, as well as gopro 9. When I watch some underwater videos, sometimes they're of a formidable quality. Everyone knows iphone has the best videos and photos. I'm going snorkeling in a month and I want to film it. I'm still wondering what I'm going to choose. I did some great raids on the Internet. Many people are unhappy with the software. No wonder no one in the world has perfect software. For example: Tesla has bad software where the entire display falls out while you're driving. Half the people who own GOPRO 9 are satisfied. My question is, do you think an iphone would be better for snorkelling than a gopro? Thank you for your answer!

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Gopro 9 or Iphone 12 for snorkeling?

[ New ]

The GoPro 9 is waterproof to 10m without a case.

The iPhone 12 has an IP rating of 68, which will alow you to use it underwater, but only for a limited time.

The Gopro is a lot more rugged as well.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

Re: Gopro 9 or Iphone 12 for snorkeling?

[ New ]

The GoPro 9 is waterproof to 10m without a case.

The iPhone 12 has an IP rating of 68, which will alow you to use it underwater, but only for a limited time.

The Gopro is a lot more rugged as well.