Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro 9 Issues

[ New ]

Hi Gopro,

I recently purchased a Gopro 9 and noticed a few isues i have come across whilst using.

First my the GP 9 is up to date with the Oct software v1.22, This was performed using the Go pro app and after some time utalised the manual update method via PC download to the SD card.

Below are the issues i have come across.

- Intermittantly whilst using the Quick capture the camera will either freeze or not respond. Had to remove the battery to restart the camera. This is a pain as i like this option to save battery life.

- Unable to connect at times to the Go pro app at times, I have reset the GP9 WIFI and tried to connect, Rest factory specs of the GP9, Remove the devices from the tablet and app and tried reconnecting, Only can control now via B/T and can't view what the camera is viewing or videos i have recorded. Have tried connecting with my phone however same results occur.

Can you plaese be of assistance with the issues. I'm suspecting i have a camera harware problem.

Regards

Clynton 

Tourist

Re: Gopro 9 Issues

[ New ]

Hi Gopro,

Additional to the listed issues above. I have noticed whilst charging the battery and the battery gets to 100% the red LED lamp does not turn off if there is recordings on the SD card. Once the recordings are transfered or the camera is turned off and on the LED lamp turns off when charging.

Regards

Clynton 

Tourist

[ New ]

I had been using my GP9 for 2 days and then it suddenly "view media" via GP App stops working. Also, I cannot use "control your GoPro"

If you find a fix, post here. I'm interested. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

Thank for the update, I will let you know if i hear or workout anything.

Regards

Clynton

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @eleng1n3rd @clyntfishing76

See if re-flashing the software will help. Please follow the manual update steps on https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

Regarding the connection with the app, please refer to Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues

Changing the Wi-Fi Band usually helps.

If it's still the same, please provide us with the following information: GoPro App version, phone and OS version

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi aragon1006,

Will give it a go and provide results after testing.

Regards

Clynton 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

OK, I completed the following today.

- Format SD card using GP.

- Removed SD card and using PC formatted again and placed the manual v1.22 file onto SD card.

- Manual applied the upgrade to the GP.

- After start up, conducted factory reset to the GP.

- Removed the GP from the tablet app and device.

- After setup of GP, reconnected to the GP app.

So far using the camera seems ro be working well without the problems showing up yet also the LED lamp turns off when fully charged with and without wrecorimgs on the SD card.

Regards

Clynton

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for going through the steps.

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Regards,

Ej