Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Gopro 9 Issues

[ New ]
Hi GoPro,

My camera doesn’t read any SD cards, I have tried three different ones and none are working. It worked at the beginning, I’ve only used the camera twice.

Please advise on what to do.

Thank you
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rapidboost8341

What SD card are you using? Please include the brand, type, and capacity.

See if reflashing the software will help. Please follow the steps on https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black
After the update, reset the camera. Go to Preferences> Reset> Factory Reset

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Brand: SanDisk Ultra
Capacity: 64GB
Micro SD XC I
Tourist

[ New ]

EJ,

Finally got around to re-flashing the software. I performed all the steps per the instructions. The GP App STILL did not want to share media with my iphone 7 or allow "control you GP". 

I reviewed the link you shared for "connectivity issues." It turns out that after enabling the "local network" option within the GP settings and rebooting my phone, I can now control my GP through the App and offload media to the GP App. 

Thanks a million!

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update! @eleng1n3rd

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Hi @rapidboost8341

Ultra cards are not recommended to be used with GoPro cameras. They may work initially but they are observed to cause issues with the camera eventually. It is best to use one of the recommended cards on the list here.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you so so much Ej, I bought the Samsung SD card (one that is on the list) and it actually worked.

Regards,
Mahi