Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Gopro 9 Black, overheating, stuck on powering off

[ New ]

Hello,

I discovered two issues in my 9Black
1.Recording 5k resolution - recording in 5k resolution, after some time the camera turns off with an error camera is overheating.

2. I use the quick recording button to record and stop recording. Every once in a while the camera freezes with the powering off message. As a solution I take the battery out and put it back in and it help till next failure appears.

Any suggestions about solving those issues?

Sightseer

Re: Gopro 9 Black, overheating, stuck on powering off

[ New ]

@michalp48086  I had the same issue with it stuck on powering off, over the weekend. Did this issue persist or has it fixed itself?

Sightseer

[ New ]
I have just had this same issue. GoPro 9 getting very hot and stuck in Powering off cycle. I held the power button in for about 12 seconds and this turned the phone back on and allowed me to turn it off normally again. Something is not right if this is happening to others as well.
GoPro

[ New ]

@mr818, make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing as the card isn't fast enough to write the content, the camera getting hot or battery consumption is higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card.

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.