Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro 8 video blurry on youtube

[ New ]
I bought gopro for moto vlogging.when i upload video in youtube its completely blurry and pixelated ihope I'm not sure. I tried many setting but no use (check the video sample https://youtu.be/xPIThAIOD24 ) I need you guys help please (I'm bad in English, sorru if any mistakes)

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Gopro 8 video blurry on youtube

[ New ]

Your video looks fine on YouTube in full high quality.  I'm sure at 480p it looks somewhat bad as at 480P you're talking half the resolution of a 1080P video.  Also YouTube reduces the bitrate at this resolution as they figure only people with severely low bandwith are watching at this resolution.  Hence the reason you see blocking etc. at this resolution.  This is to speed up the rate at which the video is delivered by reducing the amount of imformation that needs to be streamed.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

[ New ]

the  yt looks good.  this is your first ever upload since 2014 for you?   when did you view,  when it  finalized? orwaited for the  converting?

Tourist

[ New ]
No. This is my secondary channel. I won't upload videos in this channel.
Adventurer

[ New ]

the vid looks good, its 1080P60S  where is it blurry now.

Tourist

[ New ]
Ya its fine in 1080p & 720p but in 480p its blurry. I know 480p is not good. But comparing other youtuber videos my video looks some what blurry
Adventurer

[ New ]

most the content I watch on a HD1080P screen is 480P and is crisp  Youtube offered options you can set them to your liking. not a gopro issue if asked.

Backpacker

[ New ]

Your video looks fine on YouTube in full high quality.  I'm sure at 480p it looks somewhat bad as at 480P you're talking half the resolution of a 1080P video.  Also YouTube reduces the bitrate at this resolution as they figure only people with severely low bandwith are watching at this resolution.  Hence the reason you see blocking etc. at this resolution.  This is to speed up the rate at which the video is delivered by reducing the amount of imformation that needs to be streamed.  

Tourist

[ New ]
Ya i know its not gopro problem its youtube. & Can you suggest me best setting of gopro 8 for motovlogging
Tourist

[ New ]
Ya. Any best best settings for motovlogging?