Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Gopro 8 turned off with record button

[ New ]

Hi.

I'm using Gopro8 black and it often turned off when I pound the record button to finish the filming.

It doesn't happen always, but quite a lot.

Software updated, the memory card is Samsung EVO plus 128gb.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Gopro 8 turned off with record button

[ New ]

If the Quick Capture option is turned on, then pressing the record button (shutter button on top of the camera) will power on your camera and start recording immediately.  The camera options menu's will also be locked out.  When you press the record button again (shutter button on top of camera) this will stop the camera and power off the camera.

"Pounding" the button is not recommended as you could damage something.  Instead try pressing it.

The best way to record however is to power on your camera by using the power/mode button (located on the side of the camera), wait a few moments, and then pressing the record button on the top of the camera.  This will allow the automcatic camera orientation to recognize the orientation of the camera, it will also enable GPS data on your recording should you wish to use it later.  Press the shutter button on the top of the camera again to stop recording and then press the power/mode button again for 3 seconds to turn off your camera.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

If the Quick Capture option is turned on, then pressing the record button (shutter button on top of the camera) will power on your camera and start recording immediately.  The camera options menu's will also be locked out.  When you press the record button again (shutter button on top of camera) this will stop the camera and power off the camera.

"Pounding" the button is not recommended as you could damage something.  Instead try pressing it.

The best way to record however is to power on your camera by using the power/mode button (located on the side of the camera), wait a few moments, and then pressing the record button on the top of the camera.  This will allow the automcatic camera orientation to recognize the orientation of the camera, it will also enable GPS data on your recording should you wish to use it later.  Press the shutter button on the top of the camera again to stop recording and then press the power/mode button again for 3 seconds to turn off your camera.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I meant press not pound (wrong word choice)

Anyway, I think you're right.

The quick Capture option is turned on.

I might press the record button after Gopro turned off automatically(I set up 5min).

Thanks for your answer!