Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro 8 endless charging

[ New ]

Hi,

When I connect my camera to charge, the red light turns on and stays turned on forever. I cannot tell if the charging cycle is done. In the beginning it is warm, than it cools down, but the light remains on. If I unplug it the battery percentage is not 100%.

In the beginning the light went off when the battery was charged 100%, now this is not happenong anymore.

I have made a general reset, but the situation remains the same.

Another problem is connecting it to my mac, it is undicoverable, so I neeed to transfer media via SD card adapter slot to my mac.

I was able to discover the camera on the iMovie, but now it can't be detected anywhere, not on iMovie, not on GoPro Quick app not in any other mac video editing app.

Please, help me out,

Luka

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Gopro 8 endless charging

[ New ]

The files are on my Gopro SD card.

Yes

I can play them from there with my iPhone app or I can download them to the app on my phone.

Yes

They will still be on my camera SD card until I earse them

Yes

and after downloading they are in my phone memory, right?

No.  They go into the GoPro app where they are hidden from your phone.  At this point they are only accessible from the app itself.  If you want them stored to your phone where your phone can see them, you have to save them from the app to your phone (this is an extra step).

My problem occours when I try to download them from the camera SD card to the app on my phone.

I have tried 6 times and only once the file has been successfully downloded to my phone...

Are you seeing any errors with the transfer, are you losing connection, is the message being displayed that the files have succesfully transferred?  Are you looking for the file in your phone gallery or in the GoPro app itself?

View solution in original post

Tourist

[ New ]

I have made a video of a simiar size. Today it downloaded in 5minutes and I was able to see it on my phone. Looks everything is OK.

Lets leave it here for now. Thank you for your help, once again,

Luka

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

Use a proper 5V 2A charger for your camera.  Plugging it into your PC or into a USB charger or smart charger will have the types of effects you are seeing.

Open the menu on your camera, go into connection settings, make sure your USB connection setting is set to MTP and not GoPro Connect.  GoPro Connect is for using your GoPro as a webcam, MTP is for transferring files from your GoPro to your computer.

Tourist

[ New ]

Works like a charm! Thank you!!!!

Would you be so kind and help me out with another problem:

When transfering files to my Gopro app on my iPhone. Each 8min segment lasts about 20minutes and when finished it is not transfered to my iPhone...

Thank you in advance,

Luka

Nomad

[ New ]

The files don't transfer to your iPhone, they transfer directly to the GoPro app on the phone.  You need to select the files from within the app and then save them to your phone.  Please note, that files in the app cannot be seen by your phone and will keep consuming space until they are saved to your phone and deleted from the app.

Tourist

[ New ]

I got a little confused here. My understanding is this:

The files are on my Gopro SD card. I can play them from there with my iPhone app or I can download them to the app on my phone. They will still be on my camera SD card until I earse them and after downloading they are in my phone memory, right?

My problem occours when I try to download them from the camera SD card to the app on my phone. I have tried 6 times and only once the file has been successfully downloded to my phone...

Nomad

[ New ]

The files are on my Gopro SD card.

Yes

I can play them from there with my iPhone app or I can download them to the app on my phone.

Yes

They will still be on my camera SD card until I earse them

Yes

and after downloading they are in my phone memory, right?

No.  They go into the GoPro app where they are hidden from your phone.  At this point they are only accessible from the app itself.  If you want them stored to your phone where your phone can see them, you have to save them from the app to your phone (this is an extra step).

My problem occours when I try to download them from the camera SD card to the app on my phone.

I have tried 6 times and only once the file has been successfully downloded to my phone...

Are you seeing any errors with the transfer, are you losing connection, is the message being displayed that the files have succesfully transferred?  Are you looking for the file in your phone gallery or in the GoPro app itself?

Tourist

[ New ]

Irishmapdx, thank you for you extremely fast answers:)

The file I try to download from my cam is 8min 15sek long fraction. It downoads nicely and when the ribbon comes to an end it stops just stops there. I will try to recreate the problem and write down exactly what happens!

Luka

Tourist

[ New ]

I have made a video of a simiar size. Today it downloaded in 5minutes and I was able to see it on my phone. Looks everything is OK.

Lets leave it here for now. Thank you for your help, once again,

Luka