Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro 8 black bad quality audio

[ New ]

I am unable to get good quality voice recording without any noice using gopro 8 black with any microphone. I have tested with 

Rode Lava­lier GO and Rode VideoMic Pro+. I uploaded video in youtube where I am testing with both of these microphones:
Rode VideoMic Pro+: youtu.be/1eLvDEmu_z8
Rode Lava­lier GO: youtu.be/6-TRfj16BlI

In Gopro Input/Output settings for Rode VideoMic Pro+ I selected Powered Mic
In Gopro Input/Output settings for Rode Lava­lier GO I selected Standard Mic

I have tested with different Gopro settings and same noice persist.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Tourist

Re: Gopro 8 black bad quality audio

[ New ]

Tourist

[ New ]

I am a bit confused. After I uploaded videos in Youtube they are now without any noice. But when I play video in my Gopro or if I play it on my PC using VLC player it has noice. 

I am editing videos using Camtasia editor, so I tested to upload one of this videos to Camtasia and produce mp4 file from it, and after I uploaded it to Youtube it is getting noice again as you can hear in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=_1TR71Rdr1s

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @oksanah2

Is this an edited file?

Would you be able to share another sample file?

What SD card are you using?

What version is the camera on?

Do you observe the same if the camera is recording on its own?

Thanks!

Ej