Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro 8 + Media Mod can't connect to Dell PC - Inspiron 3670

Hi All,

I have tried many ways:

1 / USB Type C to USB 3.1 Gen 2 Cable 0 Anker - it only works without Media Mod.

2 / USB Hub 3.0 - It also works only without Media Mod Because every time removing the Media Mod is very annoying.

I tried contacting Gopro Support - They couldn't help but uninstall and reinstall the driver. But it still cannot work.

I contacted Dell, they said that this error was not on their computer. But it's at Gopro because they check that the computer has the right driver installed.

I tried to contact Microsoft. And they also say that Win 10 has no problem with GoPro.

So in the end is how? Can anyone help me? Please !

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro 8 + Media Mod can't connect to Dell PC - Inspiron 3670

Hello, @vitalsand0682. Is this connection that is not detected for your computer, or the Quik for desktop? 

We were able to test on our end using a Media Mod with HERO8 Black setup, a Windows laptop, and the USB-C charging cable and it worked. See this thread for details. 

Please note that while some functions of cameras may work with Quik for desktop, we have not provided any updates to the program prior to HERO8 and therefore we are unable to determine what features will work, what won't, and what consistency you may get with HERO8 and MAX cameras.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks @mariustanya. it's not work with me !
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @vitalsand0682

As advised on the thread shared, we have raised this with the team. We'll post back once new information is available.

In the meantime, you may transfer the files using an SD card adapter or using the cable connection to the camera.

Thanks!

Ej