Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro 8 Black INTERNAL MIC NOT WORKING AFTER v1.60 UPDATE

i recently updated my gopro8black from the stock firmware version to the latest firmware v1.60. i had no issue updating it but the internal mics stopped working. i tried external mics with the adapter and it works but internal mics are not. any fix ? t.i.a.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro 8 Black INTERNAL MIC NOT WORKING AFTER v1.60 UPDATE

@rapidsand5008, sorry to hear about the trouble. Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Performing a factory reset in the camera can also help.

If the issue persists, we'd like to gather a few more details to further isolate the issue. Do you experience the audio issue while your camera is connected to the GoPro App? How long you have been experiencing the audio issue? Have you had your camera replaced previously? If so, how many times?

In addition to the information above, we would also need to gather a sample audio file. To ensure we gather a good sample please follow the guidelines below while recording your clip:

1. Make sure the camera is outside of the housing and no external mics attached. 
  2. Record in a quiet environment.
  3. Please upload a sample raw/unedited footage to your Dropbox or Google drive and provide us the shared link so we can look into the details here.
Highlighted
Tourist

Nope tried both and it did not fix it.. can i downgrade it back to earlier version?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @rapidsand5008

If you have gone through the suggested steps and it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team.

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat conversation with one of our representatives.

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!
Ej