Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro 7 won't turn on after a few times

[ New ]
I have GoPro 3 and 4. Skipped two series but recently bought the Gopro7. Was toying with it today. Switched off voice and WiFi. Speriodically shot some short videos (perhaps 6 minutes worth) and photos and then it won't turn on again. Thought battery drained out so replaced with fully charged spare one. Shot more short videos and photos and again won't turn on after a while. I thought surely can't be of battery dying out so pulled out and back in again. Sure enough back to normal showing battery still had 80% (other battery too). After a while, again won't turn on, either via top of side buttons. Have to keep pulling out/in battery. What's going on???!
GoPro

Re: Gopro 7 won't turn on after a few times

[ New ]

Hello @sunnybeer

Thank you for the detailed description of the problem. Pulling the battery out and putting it back in just to make the camera work is an unnecessary step. If you have not done a manual update on your camera yet, please do so. This maybe a battery issue but we would like to make sure that there is nothing on the camera (specially the current firmware installation even if it is the latest version) that would make it fail to recognize the correct battery level. Also try charging the camera according to recommendation.  You can find manual update instructions here

Let us know how it works out. Should you need further assistance, you may reach out to our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
I'll update when I'm done traveling in China. Currently no access to laptop and having difficulties with my VPN to penetrate the Great Firewall. Anyway, the problem no longer arise when I switch off the QuickCapture. With it on, I keep having the problem.
Explorer

[ New ]
What SD card (make/model/size) are you using? Have you tried with a different card?
Tourist

[ New ]
Sandisk Extreme 64Gb. Changed to another Sandisk Extreme to same problem. Problem disappears only when I switched off QuickCapture. Have to note that even after it's off, the GoPro was still warm like as if it's still on (even though it's not and I couldn't start again until I pull/in battery). I highly doubt the issue lies with the memory cards.