Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Gopro 7 black no hyper smooth at 4K 60

Guys, I think I found a bug. With the updated firmware sometimes when selecting 4k/60 it says no stabilization, but if I select 4:3 and after that switch to 16:9 it enables hypersmooth. It happened to me twice.

Highlighted
Hiker

@andreis40011 wrote:

Guys, I think I found a bug. With the updated firmware sometimes when selecting 4k/60 it says no stabilization, but if I select 4:3 and after that switch to 16:9 it enables hypersmooth. It happened to me twice.

It is definately a bug. It just happened to me again now. So for those of you who do not have stabilization on 4k/60 even after firmware update (to me it happened even on 4k/30) switch to 4:3 and imediatly after swtick back to 16:9.

GoPro

Hi Everyone,

The Hypersmooth feature isn't available on 4:3 Aspect ratio. 

Try Switching to 16:9 instead and you should be able to see that feature. 

-Jay

Hiker

Well that was a bit of a scare. Upgraded from the Hero 6 to 7, and then thought because my old app updated the firmware, maybe it "lost" the feature. A frantic factory reset later, found this page. Yes, it allows hypersmooth at 4K 60 fps in 16:9 mode. It doesn't in 4:3. A shame that the default is 4:3 on a new camera, which makes it look like it's not going to hypersmooth 4k60. 

Hiker

@graytree76514

Jay, We know that it is not avaialble on 4:3.

If you read this thread well, people do not have hypersmooth available in16:9.

The solution is to get the hypersmooth back in  4k60fps/50fps in 16:9 is to put it back in 4:3 and switch back to 16:9.

After this switching, the hypersmooth is available again.

This is a bug that needs to be fixed 

greets