Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro 7 and now gopro 6 issues.

Ok I have been a real big fan of the gopros but lightly I have been wanting to pull my hair out. Bought the new gopro 7 and I can't even use it as the videos do not load in my video editing software but the sound will and been trying to work that issue out and lightly my hero 6 has been getting a hum and today the sound all clipped and choppy and totally unuseable and I took alot of footage that I can't even use. Really mad over it.

sandisk extreme + 128gb card 

You can hear what I'm talking about in this video 

Email me at stephanharzyt@gmail.com to be hired on by Swift transportation or for business I have a Patreon!! Please support if you enjoy my videos https://w...

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro 7 and now gopro 6 issues.

Hello @grandsand02528

Thank you for the link to the video that you provided. The issue you are observing could be associated to Audio Gain Control. The dead air that is noticed when there is not much else to be heard in the footage is referred to as White Noise. Essentially, if there's no other audio for the camera to pick up, it will boost the AGC in an attempt to pick up any available audio and you can near more White Noise as a side effect. 

If this issue, however, occurred only recently, our Support team here will be able to help further. You can reach them by phone or chat. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @grandsand02528

Thank you for sharing the video.

To further assess this, we'll be asking for a test recording:

1. Make sure the camera is outside of the housing/frame.
  2. Record in a quiet environment, away from large/powerful networking equipment (e.g., routers, modems, smart TVs, etc.).
  3. Record and please speak towards the camera.
  4. You may upload it via Google drive or Dropbox link

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

https://youtu.be/oWi_kt11oyw

the video did not have as MUCH hum but you can hear the audio click in an out and before i start talking you can hear that hum sound 

Email me at stephanharzyt@gmail.com to be hired on by Swift transportation or for business I have a Patreon!! Please support if you enjoy my videos https://w...
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @grandsand02528

Thank you for the link to the video that you provided. The issue you are observing could be associated to Audio Gain Control. The dead air that is noticed when there is not much else to be heard in the footage is referred to as White Noise. Essentially, if there's no other audio for the camera to pick up, it will boost the AGC in an attempt to pick up any available audio and you can near more White Noise as a side effect. 

If this issue, however, occurred only recently, our Support team here will be able to help further. You can reach them by phone or chat. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok I will call them and yes it only started to happen lightly and has been slowly getting worse. I will call them later today. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Good to know, @grandsand02528. Please keep us posted on how it works out. Thanks!