Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro 7 Black won't formatSD disk

Just tried reformatting the card in the Gopro and for a split second the card display goes green then red with a cross through it and then get SD Card Error. Can I presume despite others saying they can, that 128gb cards do not work in the Gopro 7 Black as I cannot get them to work yet the cards appear to be all okay until they are put in the Gopro, why is it so sensative to cards or is my unit faulty?

Highlighted
Tourist

Interestingly, despite buying a Sandisk 128GB and a Samsung 128 GB SD which neither worked even though they are both on the reccomended list, I thought it may be the fact that I was using a Mac computer to format the SD drives so I bought a second hand Windows machine, still no joy, the GoPro tried to reformat them when I put them in the GoPro but still didn't work. So I bit the bullet once again and ordered a Lexar 128 GB SD Card from a supplier in Hong Kong, it arrived reasonably quickly, I put it in my GoPro with fingers firmly crossed and lo and behold it worked straight away. Can anyone figure this out and why have I had to spend a lot of money in getting a card that finally worked!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I had exactly the same problem. I bought 2 months ago a SanDisk extreme 128GB V30 A2 which worked perfectly fine. Last week I bought a second SD card (same brand, same type, same shop) which works perfectly well on my Mac but my GoPro black 7 doesn't recognize the card and does eternal reformatting without success.  So the problem seems with the camera. Better buy cheap brands even if not recommended by GoPro. Recoomeation is probably just based on the money that the card manufacturers pay to GoPro...