Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro 7 Black doesn't turn off and overwrite screens

Hi.
I bought a gopro 7 Black in november and traveled with it in december. During this time I had difficulties to turn the camera off, I had to remove the battery tô turn off. And many times when I am filming the screen shows overwrited as if I was taking photos.
I tried to change my memory card and to update the firmware but these bugs are still happening.
Could anybody help me?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro 7 Black doesn't turn off and overwrite screens

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @jessicahensen. Since the issue persists even after updating the camera firmware and using a recommended SD card, it would be best to engage our Support team for further troubleshooting. 

Connect with them by visiting https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . To get assisted as quickly as possible, be sure to have access to your camera at the time of contact. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @jessicahensen. Since the issue persists even after updating the camera firmware and using a recommended SD card, it would be best to engage our Support team for further troubleshooting. 

Connect with them by visiting https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . To get assisted as quickly as possible, be sure to have access to your camera at the time of contact. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your answer.
I was unable to contact by "Contact Us" either. I tried in several browsers by cell phone and computer. An error message about Captcha appears, but nowhere does it show to check Captcha. I can't get them to contact me by chat or call. It's hard!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi, @jessicahensen. Were you also able to try changing the location to the US? May we know which region/country you are contacting from? Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, @mariustanya
I had the same problem on the US website.
I'm in Brazil.
Do you know if Gopro have another channel to get in contact?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jessicahensen,

They are open today if you're available please visit this website: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

after that click on the globe icon on the upper right hand side then choose United States English. 

You should be able to contact them. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello,
Thanks, Jay!
Yesterday I tried again at the US website and I got it!
We tried to apdate the firmware mannually, but it didn't correct the issues.
They will replace my camera.

Thanks a lot, everybody!
Highlighted
GoPro

Glad to know that @jessicahensen,