Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Gopro 7 Black Audio issue

[ New ]

Hi,

My name is Kapil Raghav. I purchased Gorpo Hero 7 Black last year on 20 July 2020. It was working fine so far but since yesterday morning its not recoding the voice. I checked the adapter & microphone both, which is working fine. I have updated the firmware, reset it, swit on and off but still its not recodign the audio.

Its my humble request to please help me to fix this issue as early as possible.I emailed on support@ecreativeindia.com but didnt get any response. Im attaching the bill copy here.

Looking forward to hearing form you.

Regards,

Kapil

989***

GoPro

Re: Gopro 7 Black Audio issue

[ New ]

Hi @toughsummi63827

Is this only happening when an external mic is connected? Do you usually record via Quikcapture?

Check out External Microphone Information with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor and Media Mod

Can you please test the camera on its own?

If it's still the same, try running a manual update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black

Let us know how it goes.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi EJ,

First of all thanks for your swift response.

I have been using it for last 10 months. I have a Gopro adapter 3.5mm and Boya BYM1 microphone which I have been using for last 10 months but never face any issue. But yesterday while doing vlogging with it, it didnt record the voice, a distorted sound is coming up everytime. I have checked every thing and I have shown it from where I purchsed Gopro, but its not fixed. Shopkeeper asked me to connect you guys.

Please help.

Regards,

Kapil

Tourist

[ New ]

Even before escalating it to you I updated my Gopro with latest version but still its not working.

Now it has the current version. Version number is 01.90

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @toughsummi63827

The best path forward is to reach out to Support to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

I clicked the link you shared for Chat session and it say customer support is currently closed. 

Cant you escalate this from your end on my behalf, it would be easier for me.

Regards,

Kapil

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @toughsummi63827

Please log your callback request or the chat session during the hours of operation listed on the same link.

Take note of the case number for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Ej,

I would like to do so but I tried during office hours but the chat session (Contact Us) tab is not clickable and when I called on the mentioned number, IVR asked me to contact seller support.

If I'm not wrong your office hour time is 6am to 6pm (GMT) so according to IST its 11:30am to 11:30pm. I followed the same time zone.

Now what should I do?

Please help!

Regards,

Kapil

+91-***

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @toughsummi63827

We have checked and confirmed that the ContactUs page is working.

Were you able to try it on a different browser?

You can also go on incognito mode.

Thanks!

Ej