03-16-2019 02:59 AM
Hello GoPro users,
I recently noticed that my GoPro 6 Black has some issue with "HighLight Tags".
The problem is while capturing in video mode, video is highlighted every 2 seconds until 80 then it stops.
I have no option to stop this mode. I have tried factory reset, manual update - but it does not help.
There must be probably issue with software... Please try to help me.
Thank you very much for your support!
03-19-2019 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear about the trouble, @supercreek78807. It seems strange if the camera automaticaly creates HiLights. These tags can only be added via Mode button press on the camera, Voice Control ("GoPro HiLight" voice command), Settings button on a Smart Remote, and the HiLight Tag button on the GoPro App.
A maximum of 80 HiLights can be performed in a single recording. This is the reason why it stops adding the HiLight tags once it reaches the limit.
Good note on the troubleshooting steps taken. Typically, resetting the camera and then re-flashing the firmware update will help resolve any current issue or error with the camera's software installation. I do have some suggestions that might help. Kindly do the following steps accordingly:
- Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history.
- Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history.
- iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.
- Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s setting.
- Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
- Perform a factory reset on the camera one more time.
- Manually reinstall the camera's firmware again.
- Disable the Voice Control on your camera.
- Do a test video.
Once finished with the test, re-pair your mobile device to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.
Hopefully this helps!