Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro 5 is not working

I bought it six months ago. And yesterday when I went to snorkling, things went well. But when I try to power on, nothing happens. there is no picture on screen. what i should do to repair it? or i should return it to the company becaese it is with in one year

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Gopro 5 is not working

I think we are a little late for the rice and the motherboard probably got fried when it was plugged in. Go advice for the future though. Also, getting in touch with the Support Team.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

@skylaryoung - Are there any signs of water getting into the camera anywhere? Is there any chance it's just out of power?

Jeff

Explorer

Is it powering on but not displaying on the back LCD or is it not powering on at all? If the rear LCD is blank but the camera is on, there is a good chance the back screen just got turned off.  Pressing the shutter and side power (mode) button simultaneously will open a settings menu on the front LCD.  Navigate to the rear LCD settings and turn it back on.

Tourist

yes, there is some water inside the camera. and I try to charge it, and it does not work . the body of camera becomes hot when i charge it.  

Tourist

it is  not powering on at all. there is no response when i press buttons

Explorer

When the water got into the camera, did you remove the battery and allow it to completely dry 3-5 days before reinserting the battery and/or plugging it in?
Adventurer

If you  have water. quickly rice it, remove all, and do not turn on the camera or charge it.

You are best to get talking not with us here, but gopro   for your   startto a refurbished camera.

good luck   Keep this site posted  about your Resoljution.

Explorer

I think we are a little late for the rice and the motherboard probably got fried when it was plugged in. Go advice for the future though. Also, getting in touch with the Support Team.