Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Gopro 5 black firmware v01.55 & 3rd party batteries

When I say " they didn't make any official announcement " obvisouly I wasn't referring this forum at all. it's a common sense right ? :D

Good to know that they have just made the remark today. Thanks

Highlighted
Explorer

I'm not sure what you are saying in that post, however GoPro put out a press release and the GoPro moderator put out a link to it in a post in the Support community.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I found where I could download the old s/w (1.50).  That is what I did...but I'm still pist.  I thought about buying 2 second GoPro, but not a chance.  I think I'll go buy a Yi for $80 that does the same thing.  The deal is, GoPro makes a killing on these cameras and now they got greedy.  That's all I need to know about a company.  See ya!

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

We'll have a mirror of the press release in The Latest section later today. In the meantime, our press releases are at http://investor.gopro.com/press-releases/default.aspx.

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

Has anyone tried this batteries on newest firmware?

I Will never buy GoPro again if they are so greedy. Maybe for People in US its not so much but People outside IT is. Its not that People buy their cameras they must be greedy. Ill go back to xiAomi if stays Like that.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ps thought about wasabi batteries for 1.55 firmware
Highlighted
Tourist

still no official fix on this? are we left to rot here?

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have just received my 5 Black today along with 2 3rd party batteries from amazon. 

Updated to 1.55 and they are still working perfectly fine? 

Only used them in the house to test after seeing this thread, does this issue happen immediately when turning the Gopro on? 

Batteries are "Mcoplus BT-501 1220mAh 2pcs Batteries with Dual Charger for Gopro Hero 5 Replacement AHDBT-501"