Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Gopro 5 black firmware v01.55 & 3rd party batteries

the maker of your batteries may have already cracked the code to allow them to work.

Highlighted
Hiker

But they might not wok on futre updates... Who knows? 

Wasabi say that their new 5 batteries work and will work with all future firmware updates
Wasabi must have cut a deal with GoPro.. 

Highlighted
Tourist

This is encouraging. ProGo has got to get their act together!

@no66 wrote:

But they might not wok on futre updates... Who knows? 

Wasabi say that their new 5 batteries work and will work with all future firmware updates
Wasabi must have cut a deal with GoPro.. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I have the same problem with my Gopro 4 black and my Kingma Battery bacpac. Since i have updated my gopro with the latest firmware, my camera got freezed several times while recording and neither recognize the kingma battery. Ive tried to downgrade the camera to previous firmware versions without success. The camera still doesnt recognize the battery. Moreover i have to change the micro sd because i just could filming for a few seconds before getting freezeed..
What can i do..???
Highlighted
Explorer

I dont know anything about the Kingma Battery bacpac so I can't comment on that, but as far as the SD card is concerned, try formatting in your computer and then downloading and puting the Update folder (Not Update.zip) on it. Let it run the Update then format the card in your camera. Connect you camera to your mobile device and press "date/time" in the capture app settings. Take two pictured and then try to record video. If it's still not working, yes you probably need a new SD card. Be sure it's on the list of SD cards for consideration GoPro provided on the front page of Support.
Highlighted
Hiker

I am quite happy with SmaTree. I bought it on Amazon for 25€. I got two batteries and charger for three bateries. It also charges GoPro battery :) It's funny that one GoPro battery also costs 25€, lol.

Batteries must be V3 and they works fine with Hero5 FW2.0 firmware.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Confirm that Smatree V3 battery works with Hero5 FW2.0... thanks pavelr170 for your info.

Save me some big bucks... :-]

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, they are working :)They are just drained quicker It seems, but they defienetly working.