Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Gopro 5 Black battery drain when off

@danimalofficial - If you've done the update on the camera, a couple of things to check are that you are using a recommended SD card (https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations) and that you have turned off wireless when not using the camera anymore.

Our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus can help troubleshoot this with you too.

Jeff

Sightseer

All done and the right SD card...
Sightseer

I am also having the same problems. My battery was charged to 100% last night. Just gone to use it 18 hours after it being charged left completely off. No wifi no gps no quikcapture and it's completely flat! Luckily I have my hero session 4 with me which has been off for over a month but still has full charge.
Tourist

I charged mine friday, 100% went to use it next day and it said battery too low, I took the battery out and re fitted and then it showed 100%, something with the manufacture with these cameras I think, Go Pro should recall them all...

Adventurer

WIreless connection drains  like 1% a day

QuikCapture Off  will drain in hours.  maybe on mine. but you really need to be checking each and every setting to see what is  really draining it?

Sightseer

So I've just noticed after charging it until the red light went off and unplugging it the LCD screen was actually on but black. I've never noticed this before. I tried to turn the GoPro on properly as I couldn't interact with the screen but it wouldn't turn on until I had removed the battery. So the source of my battery drain could be that the LCD screen is somehow staying on. Anyway the GoPro is now off again so will wait until the morning and see what's happened!
Tourist

I'm confusded.  Why would battery drain when QuikCapture Off?  I'd assume the opposite.