Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro 4 Session doesn't start recording

Hi everyone, i scouted the WWW as much as i could to find a solution to my problem with little to no success. When i press the "record" button on top of my little cube the gopro turns on and shows the timer as it would record normally. Only problem it stays in 00:00 and it doesn't do anything else. 8 sec top button pressed and after resetting it happens again and again. Sometimes tow it starts and records as normal. I tried upgrading and downgrading firmware, 4 different sd's from different manifacturer, with power cable connected, without, with the side door open and closed, upside down, holding it firmly, starting the recording from phone App or anything came to my mind to try and reproduce the conditions in wich the problem doesnt' show with no success. Seems like it records only when it pleases, otherwise it just freezes. 

Any idea on how to fix?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro 4 Session doesn't start recording

Hi @baruffaldi338

If you haven't already, please go over the steps on this article.

Should it still be the same, let our Support Team assist your further.

You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for your answer, i went through these steps before sadly without success. I'll try contacting the support team by chat. 

Have a nice day 

Highlighted
Adventurer

video and photo timelapse, can  you see if the photo timelapse  works.

Also rather hold for ten secons the back mode to clear try 40 secs andsee if that helps. 

Highlighted
Explorer

What SD card (make/Model/Size) are you using, and have you tried with a different card?
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes several cards, some that works with my other session 4 :(

Highlighted
Tourist

The gopro seems all fine untill i try to "write" on the sd, the photo timelapse shows the same problem. the program starts but it freezes at the first photo (doesn't snap it). The 40 sec reset sadly didn't work either. 

Thanks for the hints regardeless :)

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @baruffaldi338

If you were able to go over the steps on the link above and the camera behaves the same, the best path forward is to reach out to our Support Team.

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej