Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Goopro use in critical COVID patients - can a gopro be live streamed

I want to ask about an application of the GoPro device for monitoring Cardiac Arrests in COVD19 patients at my hospital. Is it possible to live stream to a phone or ipad from the gopro device. We are trying to decrease the amount of clinians in a decompensating patients room except only those that absoletuely need to be there to prevent COVID contamination. Is a go pro capable of being put in a room in an emergent situation and lived streamed or via a cable to view on an Ipad or phone by other person outside the room. I would really like to talk to anyone that could help me develop an application like this or anyone that knows a better way to do this. 

Thanks 

Brian

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Goopro use in critical COVID patients - can a gopro be live streamed

https://youtu.be/MVNJemoKzxc

Here's a video on how you can set it up as a Webcam and watch from a computer.
The other option you have is livestream to YOURSELF on Facebook. Then you can have a monitor open up with your Facebook account. I'd probably get permission from the patient though through your own Facebook.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

https://youtu.be/MVNJemoKzxc

Here's a video on how you can set it up as a Webcam and watch from a computer.
The other option you have is livestream to YOURSELF on Facebook. Then you can have a monitor open up with your Facebook account. I'd probably get permission from the patient though through your own Facebook.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks so much from your help and yes you could never use Facebook streaming in a hospital.