Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Google pixel 2 HERO 7 won't connect

[ New ]

Having gone through the pain of trying to get a HERO 6 to connect to my Pixel 2 a while ago, I thought it might all be resolved for the arrival of the Hero 7... sadly not the case. Same problems. What a shame.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Google pixel 2 HERO 7 won't connect

[ New ]

Hi @brianh710

Please reach out to our Support Team to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat session with one of our representatives.

Let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @adriang0237

Thank you for the feedback. Are both the camera and the GoPro app updated to the latest versions? Which versions do you have? Were you getting any error message? Hope to hear back from you so we can help further. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

[ New ]
Same problem. Hero 7 on a Google Pixel 3a. I uninstalled and reinstalled the GoPro app so I have the latest version. Will not connect and doesn't seem to be any guidance on how to fix it.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @brianh710. Please make sure your mobile device, app, and camera are on their current versions. There are some troubleshooting steps here that will help resolve the problem. Let us know how it goes.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm spending hour and hours on this.  GoPro suggests all types of things to connect yet I found another forum that says the Google Pixel 3a will not work with the GoPro app?  Is that true?  Seems like GoPro Support should know is the case instead of sending me to a page with all types of things for me to try.
Got my Ipad Pro to connec to it once and now I can't seem to repeat the connection. 

So frustrating.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @brianh710

Please reach out to our Support Team to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat session with one of our representatives.

Let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej