Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoProHero7 Black - Can't view all media through GoPro App/Mac

[ New ]

-FIrst off I have a GoPro Hero 7 Black with a ScanDisk Extreme 128Gb microSDXC UHS-I CARD 

Im able to view all the new recordings at full length on the GoPro but when I connect through the GoPro App I see some of the new media but at shorter lengths and some are missing all together. Same thing when I connect the SD Card to my Mac. Never had this issue before.

How do I retreive all my media and at full length like how I see it on the GoPro camera.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoProHero7 Black - Can't view all media through GoPro App/Mac

[ New ]

Hello @drabshredz. See if the recordings may have been chaptered when detected by the app. Chaptering is automatically done in the camera when a certain file size is reached. Learn more about this through the article GoPro Camera File Chartering Information.  

On your Mac, you can use this file naming convention to find the parts belonging to the same video clip. You can view this through your computer's file finder window. 

See as well if the files may have been incorrectly dated causing them to be located under a different timeline in the apps. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoProHero7 Black - Can't view all media through GoPro App/Mac

[ New ]

Hello @drabshredz. See if the recordings may have been chaptered when detected by the app. Chaptering is automatically done in the camera when a certain file size is reached. Learn more about this through the article GoPro Camera File Chartering Information.  

On your Mac, you can use this file naming convention to find the parts belonging to the same video clip. You can view this through your computer's file finder window. 

See as well if the files may have been incorrectly dated causing them to be located under a different timeline in the apps.