Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro8 media mod

Hi. Just a quick couple of questions.

1. Any idea when the media mod will be back in stock?

2. External Lapel Microphone: 2 or 3 ring on the jack?

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro8 media mod

The only reply you'll get here from GoPro is "keep checking the store page", it's a standard response and the only one they are allowed to give.

As for the wireless microphone, you will need to use the 2 ring (TRS) plug into the media mod.  The 3 ring is known as a TRRS and is not compatible.

I've been reviewing some microphones lately and there's some good low budget ($20) and higher end solutions out there ($170) that sound quite good.  This is a link to my $170 wireless mic solution (that comes with a built in mic, a lapel mic and can use other mics too).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkwyb2rhWlk 

I honestly think if you're going to invest, make it a good solution that can support numerous uses.  In the case of a wireless system you can do up close work with the camera or be about 70 meters away (unobstructed).  Just my two cents

Highlighted
Adventurer

If you gat a trrs one get an adapter so you can swap from cell to camera

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the advise. Any recommendations for a wireless system that wont require me to sell off the family?

Highlighted
Nomad

Actually the wireless system I reviewed recently dropped to $100, so that's actually pretty cheap for a wireless system that comes with a lapel mic and a built in mic.  

You go any cheaper than that and quality is really going to suffer and render it unusable.