Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro8 Uploading Issues (please help!)

[ New ]
Hi, I’ve recently purchased a GoPro8 Black, and shot a load of footage, both in 4K and 1080, and tried uploading to Facebook, YouTube, Instagram etc. But everywhere I try it looks awful, fuzzy and just overall bad.
I’ve uploaded via Quik, GoPro app, On my iPhone and also through my computer but it just looks terrible regardless what i do.

Can anyone help with this issue please? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro8 Uploading Issues (please help!)

[ New ]

@stoutboost4128, when uploading your video to Facebook/YouTube/Instagram, you might notice a loss in video quality. This is because these applications compress the video in the upload process. These platforms have their own requisites when it comes to uploading content. I suggest to check on Facebook/YouTube/Instagram message boards or even with Facebook/YouTube/Instagram directly to get more specific details about this. 

If using Quik for Mobile, tap the gear icon in the top right corner of the app and activate the 'Save videos in 1080p HD'. If you upload a 1080p video, you also need to activate the 'Upload HD' option in your Facebook app. This is off by default on mobile. 

Also, our users have experienced that uploading videos from a desktop computer gives higher quality than uploading from a mobile device. To do this, save the video to your computer. Once there, upload your video to Facebook or YouTube from your desktop computer for better quality.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

[ New ]

Take the time:

1 4K footage how you shot it.   now you never mention how you edited it but throwing it up to  webhosts.  if you can offer  exactly what you're tossing up then maybe  we can help further out. 

Fish

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi, thanks for the comment and sorry, I’m a complete noob with this stuff.

It’s was 4K, 60fps if that’s what you mean?

I just edited it on the GoPro app and on Quik and also on GoPro Studio, those are the only three I’ve tried.

Would you say it’s best to upload via computer rather than mobile?
Adventurer

[ New ]

I personally not into the App and if there are no way to set the render or fil thn that be a option.

GoPro

[ New ]

@stoutboost4128, when uploading your video to Facebook/YouTube/Instagram, you might notice a loss in video quality. This is because these applications compress the video in the upload process. These platforms have their own requisites when it comes to uploading content. I suggest to check on Facebook/YouTube/Instagram message boards or even with Facebook/YouTube/Instagram directly to get more specific details about this. 

If using Quik for Mobile, tap the gear icon in the top right corner of the app and activate the 'Save videos in 1080p HD'. If you upload a 1080p video, you also need to activate the 'Upload HD' option in your Facebook app. This is off by default on mobile. 

Also, our users have experienced that uploading videos from a desktop computer gives higher quality than uploading from a mobile device. To do this, save the video to your computer. Once there, upload your video to Facebook or YouTube from your desktop computer for better quality.